Welcome to Music City, where the rhythm of Nashville’s vibrant culture extends far beyond its world-famous honky-tonks and iconic live music scene. Nestled within the heart of Nashville, you’ll find a shopping paradise waiting to be explored.
From trendy boutiques to unique local artisans, downtown Nashville offers a diverse array of retail destinations that cater to every style and taste. Whether you’re a fashion enthusiast in search of the latest trends or a treasure hunter seeking one-of-a-kind souvenirs, this guide will take you on a journey through the best shopping in Nashville.
Join us as we uncover the hidden gems and must-visit boutiques that make this city a shopaholic’s dream.
Can’t-Miss Nashville Boutiques
- e. Allen: e. Allen is an upscale, wardrobe-building community staple that specializes in styling and assisting clientele in selecting original pieces that appeal to their own sense of style.
- VICI: VICI’s mission is to make on-trend styles accessible & affordable for women at any life stage.
- L.A. Green: L.A. Green is a lifestyle boutique that specializes in women’s fashion. They strive to curate a collection of trends as fabulous as the gals who wear them. L.A. Green carries all of your favorite brands, which makes your options endless.
- Vinnie Louise: Vinnie Louise focuses on making their pieces stylish and affordable. They purposefully select small runs of items so that each piece is truly unique. The all-women team takes customer connections to the next level by making sure everyone feels at home while shopping.
- SVM Boutique: This is where you find trendy AND affordable styles. Their stylists love to suggest the perfect pieces, which helps them make lasting relationships with their customers.
- WILDER: They seek to help their customers find one-of-a-kind pieces that allow them to stand out while simultaneously expressing themselves. They take great pride in their carefully curated collection.
Best Way to Get Around
- Bevē Boutiques: Ditch the constant ride-share requests and have someone else do the navigating! Beve’s dedicated shopping guide will get to know your personal shopping style and goals and direct you to the best shopping all over Nashville, and in a tricked-out, luxury bus with air-conditioning!
- Electric Scooters: Good for going short distances (and storing all your shopping wares in a backpack for easy transport!) and no hassle to find parking.
- Rent a sweet ride for a couple of hours: Complete your shopping outfit by pulling up to the boutiques in a Polaris Slingshot. The short-term rentals at RevRide will hook you and a friend up in one of these snazzy whips.
Best “Non-Clothing” Shops in Nashville
- White’s Mercantile: Singer-songwriter Holly Williams opened this mercantile to revitalize the classic general store. Each shop features an apothecary, home décor, antiques, artwork, and even organic dog treats.
- Abode Mercantile: Located in East Nashville, this store features gourmet food, home decor, handcrafted items from local markers and gifts.
- Paddywax Candle Bar: shop a curated selection of our best-selling retail candles and accessories or pour your own custom candle with their DIY workshops.
- Winky Lux: Winky Lux is known for its cruelty-free and clean beauty products.
- Kendra Scott: Kendra Scott products are thoughtfully crafted, pushing the boundaries of design and innovation while staying true to their principles: color, shape, material, and value
Best Neighborhoods to Shop, Shop, Shop!
- Green Hills: Home to the outdoor mall, Hill Center where you’ll find H. Audrey, Whites Mercantile, Hemline, Anthropologie, Pottery Barn, West Elm and more. Looking for more? The Mall at Green Hills is home to over 100 upscale shops and restaurants.
- Hillsboro Village: The OG of Nashville’s favorite local neighborhoods, a couple of blocks feature such boutiques as Nash Collection, Molly Green, Posh, Wilder and Altar’d State.
- 12 South: Where trendy meets vintage, this must-shop area caters to both students and celebrities. Here you will also find the famous “I Believe in Nashville” mural and the “Blue & White Wall” mural.
- The Gulch: History and luxury collide in this neighborhood, bringing together locals and tourists. In addition to Kittenish, e. Allen and Winky Lux, you’ll also find the infamous “What Lifts You” wings mural.
- North Gulch/Capitol View: Nashville’s newest neighborhood and a hidden gem for boutique shopping, there are a handful of must-visit boutiques, including VICI, SVM Boutique, Sercy + Co, and L.A. Green.
Best “Celeb-Owned” Stores
- Kittenish: Kittenish is owned by country singer Jessie James Decker and features fun, flirty, playful and sassy items.
- Uncommon James: Owned by Kristin Cavallari, Uncommon James carries sophisticated jewelry staples, must-have items for your home, and even clothing for your littles.
- Draper James: Draper James is a clothing and home store founded by Nashville native Reese Witherspoon and known for its mix of traditional southern style with modernity.
- High Class Hillbilly: This vintage boutique founded by singer-songwriter Nikki Lane stocks a variety of throwback fashion.
Best Farmer’s Markets (Seasonal & Year-Round)
- 12 South Farmers’ Market (Map)
- Open: May 2, 2023, to October 24, 2023
- Tuesdays from 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Amqui Farmers’ Market (Map)
- Open: April 30, 2023, to September 24, 2023
- Sundays from 10:00am to 1:00pm
- The Bellevue Farmers Market (Map)
- Open May 4, 2023 – October 26, 2023
- Thursdays 4PM – 7PM
- East Nashville Farmers’ Market (Map)
- Open: April 4, 2023, to October 31, 2023
- Tuesdays from 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- Farmin’ in the Hall (Map)
- Open May 4, 2023 through September 28, 2023
- Thursdays from 4:30PM to 7PM
- Hip Donelson Farmers’ Market (Map)
- Open: May 5, 2023, to October 27, 2023
- Fridays from 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Nashville Farmers’ Market (Map)
- Open: Year-round
- Market House: Daily from 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Outdoor Farm Sheds (December – April): Sunday to Saturday from 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Outdoor Farm Sheds (May – November): Friday to Sunday from 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Richland Park Farmers Market (Map)
- Open Saturdays Year Round
- January – March 10AM – 12PM
- April – December 9AM – 12PM
- Wedgewood-Houston Farmers’ Market (Map)
- Open: May 3, 2023, to October 25, 2023
- Wednesdays from 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Vanderbilt Farmers Market (Map)
- Open June – October
- Thursdays 1:30PM – 5PM
Liquor Stores with the Best Names
- Frugal MacDoogal: A Gulch staple for the past 40 years.
- CorkDorks Nashville: Two locations in Green Hills and Midtown
- Mr. Whiskers Wine & Liquor: Located in White Bridge
Whether you’re browsing along Broadway or cruising around the chic shops around Nashville’s charming neighborhoods, the shopping in Nashville is just as eclectic and plentiful as its live music scene. You never know if you’ll score a new treasure at a local boutique, a name-brand store, or both!