You’re turning 50 and deserve to celebrate in a city as iconic as you! Nashville is the ideal backdrop for getting friends and family together for a crowd-pleasing celebration with limitless options for having fun (a nod to honoring your youthful roots!). Unforgettable memories await in this electrifying and vibrant city known for its rich musical heritage, dynamic food scene, and friendly southern hospitality.
Below are some ideas that include Nashville’s diverse attractions, lively nightlife, and unique charm, but with a 50th birthday celebratory twist.
Pedal Parade for Your Fifth Decade
Ring in the big 5-0 by putting the pedal to the metal with a group of up to 15 friends on a human-powered pedaling party bike. Witness the spectacle that is the Honky Tonk Highway, while becoming the spectacle: there is no greater feeling than cruising down Broadway while the crowds gawk and wave at your party’s mobile biker bar.
You bring your beverages of choice (or pre-order and we’ll have it ready for ya!) and some friends who are ready to celebrate; our Nashville Pedal Tavern driver/vibe concierge extraordinaire will not only navigate and point out some famous sights of Nashville, but they’ll snap pictures, pour/refill drinks and coach (it IS a bike, after all!). We will stop along the way at our local bar partners where you can take advantage of our partner drink perks.
WHY PEDALING INTO FIFTY IS THE BEST VIBE
Do you want a birthday celebration that is both relaxing yet active? A little lazy yet a little energetic? You get the best of both worlds when riding on the Nashville Pedal Tavern! You get to sit down the whole time (unless you’re dancing) but are constantly in motion (unless you’re at a stoplight!). Thirteen of the seats have pedals to propel the bike forwards, while 2 seats are reserved for those who want to sit and look pretty.
You Curate the Guest List
If you have a group of 15 friends, you can rent out an entire bike for your party. If you have less guests, you can join a public tour (which, we promise, is equally as fun and celebratory).
Nashville Pedal Tavern is also a great option for multi-generational parties. Want to bring your adult grown children? Or an elderly parent? As long as all riders are over 21 years of age, celebrating on a Nashville Pedal Tavern is an inclusive activity.
A Celebration With a Side of Sightseeing
Whether you’ve a first-timer to Nashville or a local, riding a Nashville Pedal Tavern gives you a chance to see the city from a different viewpoint.
The Nashville Pedal Tavern Tours run from Lower Broadway to Downtown Nashville.
Each ride makes up to 1-2 stops to take pictures and take advantage of the exclusively negotiated specials with our bar partners.
On Your Schedule
It’s a fun activity to do regardless of time of day; you can kickstart your 50th birthday activities or round it out at the end of the day
The ride is 90-mins (two hour with check-in) so it’s long enough to experience all the joy of a Nashville Pedal Tavern with your nearest and dearest, but short enough to explore Nashville for the rest of the day
GIVE YOUR 50TH EXTRA OOMPH
- Compete in a Broadway scavenger hunt or play Broadway Bingo. For instance, spot a bachelorette party, a cowboy hat, a tractor, a musician, an over-served tourist, etc. . We’ll let you get creative for whoever “wins”
- Pick a year that was particularly memorable (hello, the 80’s?) and have the whole party dress up! Curate an iconic playlist to match!
- Dress up as old folks…really lean into becoming the spectacle
- Get some personalized tees for your ride from Tweak Nashville
- Do a birthday roast – each friend has to prepare something that’s read on the tour!
Aged to Perfection: Winery Tour and Tasting
Nashville may be known for its moonshine but Tennessee is actually home to nearly 70 wineries and 7 wine trails, many being within driving distance of downtown Nashville. So if you’ve imagined your 50th birthday celebration pairing whiskey and a Red Zin with sweet berry undertones, a side trip to the vineyards is the perfect option.
TOP 5 WINERIES TO GO FOR THE FIVE-OH
- Arrington Vineyards: This gorgeous vineyard is owned by country music superstar Kix Brooks (of Brooks & Dunn), Master Vintner Kip Summers and businessman John Russell. Arrington Vineyards is conveniently located just 30 minutes outside of Nashville and has over 100 acres with tons of hangout space to enjoy!
- Natchez Hills Winery at Fontanel: Situated only 11 miles north of Nashville, Natchez Hills Winery at Fontanel offers a rustic and charming atmosphere. The winery produces a range of wines, including Chardonnay, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon, and also features a wine tasting room, outdoor patio, and live music events.
- Belle Meade Winery: Located just 8 miles southwest of Nashville, Belle Meade Winery is known for its historic estate and rich heritage. Visitors can take a guided tour of the winery, learn about the winemaking process, and taste a variety of wines, including their signature Blackberry wine. The winery also offers a wine club and hosts special events.
- Grinder’s Switch Winery: Situated approximately 60 miles west of Nashville, Grinder’s Switch Winery is nestled in the scenic hills of Hickman County. The winery offers a range of handcrafted wines, including their popular Chambourcin and Muscadine wines. Visitors can enjoy wine tastings, tours, and events, and relax in the winery’s cozy tasting room.
- Amber Falls Winery & Cellars: Located about 70 miles southwest of Nashville, Amber Falls Winery & Cellars is known for its award-winning wines and beautiful vineyard setting. The winery offers tastings of their estate-grown wines, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Viognier, and Riesling, as well as a variety of special events, such as wine dinners and live music performances.
TIPS FOR HITTING ALL THE RIGHT NOTES FOR A 50TH WINERY ADVENTURE
- Leave the driving to someone else. There are tour companies like Barrels of Fun that will shuttle you in a luxury bus to and from different vineyards around Nashville
- Check out the events calendars. Many vineyards host free live music and food trucks
- Order a charcuterie board. Pair your tastings with a charcuterie board from Music City Cheese also provides boxes, boards and eco-friendly platters, plus grazing tables and more
- Source some fancy schmancy birthday wine glasses or party cups, or print some custom wine labels to honor the birthday boy/girl/them
- Hire a photographer to take advantage of the beautiful vineyard backdrop! (Hint: go shopping at e. Allen beforehand where a stylist can hook you up with a smashing outfit that oozes confidence in embracing your 5th decade!)
It’s My Party And I’ll Turn Fifty If I Want To
The bars and restaurants in Nashville not only offer some fantastic drinks and cuisine, but a lot of them are enormous, with ample space to host a private or semi-private cocktail party for the birthday person.
First, do a vibe check and decide which Nashville neighborhood sets the tone for your 50th birthday party.
NASHVILLE’S NIGHTLIFE SCENE
Downtown Broadway: Downtown Broadway is the heart of Nashville’s nightlife scene, known for its iconic honky-tonks, live music venues, and vibrant atmosphere. The area is lined with neon-lit honky-tonk bars that feature live country, rock, and blues music, making it a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. Many of these bars offer dance floors, pool tables, and rooftop patios, creating a lively and energetic environment for a night out on the town.
The Gulch: The Gulch is a trendy neighborhood in Nashville that offers a more upscale nightlife experience. It features a mix of stylish cocktail bars, upscale lounges, and rooftop bars with stunning city views. The Gulch is known for its chic and modern vibe, attracting a fashionable crowd that enjoys craft cocktails, fine wines, and trendy beats.
Midtown: Midtown, also known as the Vanderbilt area, is a bustling neighborhood that offers a mix of nightlife options. It is home to several bars, pubs, and restaurants that cater to a diverse crowd, including college students, young professionals, and music enthusiasts. The area has a more relaxed vibe compared to downtown, with a focus on craft beers, casual dining, and live music.
12 South: 12 South is a trendy and upscale neighborhood in Nashville that offers a mix of boutiques, restaurants, and bars. The area is known for its chic and stylish atmosphere, with upscale cocktail bars and speakeasies that cater to a sophisticated crowd. 12 South has a more laid-back and upscale nightlife scene, perfect for a classy night out with friends or a date night.
Germantown: Germantown is a historic neighborhood in Nashville that offers a unique nightlife experience. It is known for its trendy restaurants, craft breweries, and cocktail bars that are housed in renovated historic buildings. Germantown has a more relaxed and intimate vibe, with a focus on craft cocktails, gourmet dining, and unique experiences.
Next, get into the spirit of celebration by picking out a theme for guests to really get into the birthday spirit!
TONGUE-IN-CHEEK 50TH BIRTHDAY THEMES WITH NASHVILLE ESTABLISHMENTS
- Cheers & Beers at HQ Beercade
- Old AF at AJ’s Good Time Bar
- North of 49 at The Southern Steak & Oyster
- Welcome to AARP at Nudie’s
- Aged to Perfection at Redneck Riviera
- Vintage Bro at The Row
- Hot Flash at The Big Bang Dueling Pianos
- Over the Hill at Pushing Daisies
- Kick your Forties Goodbye at Kung Fu Saloon
- Feisty, Fabulous and Fifty at The Electric Jane
- The Golden Milestone at the Tin Roof
Shopping Tour Fit For a Fabulous “She-Can’t-Be-50” Queen
Turning fifty might require some therapy…retail therapy! Take the guesswork out of figuring out which boutique to visit in Nashville’s robust shopping scene and ditch the logistical planning of how to get around by booking your 50th birthday party at Bevē Boutiques.
Bevē Boutiques takes guests on a private shopping adventure in a luxury bus to Nashville’s trendiest boutiques. Each experience is curated to reflect the personality, interest and budgets of the group, so if sparkly crop tops aren’t your thing, we’ll take that into consideration when curating the perfect boutique hop.
Between boutique stops, birthday party guests can chitchat, enjoy bubbly beverages and nosh on a pre-ordered charcuterie board. A dedicated hostess is your group’s shopping counterpart that ensures no fashion faux pas, expert styling and trend knowledge and, most importantly, that the celebration extends both on and off the bus! Great for a multi-generational celebratory activity–who doesn’t love a little pampering and shopping?
As an added bonus, Bevē Boutiques guests receive shopping discounts at the most popular boutiques in Nashville, including e. Allen, Uncommon James, VICI, Kittenish and plenty of more.
A FEW ITEMS EVERY FABULOUS 50-YEAR-OLD NEEDS FROM OUR FAVORITE STORES:
- Hey YaLL Beaded Coin Purse from SVM Boutique
- Wakey Wakey Eye Cream from Winky Lux
- Kehlani Straw Tote from Vici
- Jolene Trucker Denim Jacket from e. Allen
- Mama necklace from Kittenish
- Flora in Rose hair clip from Vinne Louise
Racing to 50 on … Pavement and Water
Hit the Streets for a Cruise
How about a little adrenaline to start off the day and then a little lake life to take the edge off? Sounds like the ultimate 50th birthday party to us! Grab your friends, pair off and prepare to zoom around Nashville in a fleet of Slingshots from RevRides.
At RevRides, it’s about the destination and the journey, so buckle up in a brand new Polaris Slingshot and cruise the streets of Nashville in style.
Leave the directions to us; hand-picked route suggestions are exclusively pre-loaded into every Slingshot. Lead your Slingshot party past city limits through the charming Tennessee countryside on the Natchez Trace Parkway and pull up for a 50th birthday lunch at the famous Loveless Cafe (order a biscuit and thank us later).
Or zip past the crowded tour buses and check out Nashville’s famous sites (while looking like ballers!) on your own timeline. RevRide offers both manual and automatic transmission options and all rentals include helmets and commercial insurance.
Birthday and Lake Day? No problem!
Next, switch over the keys and ask for permission to board–your own oversized double-decker pontoon with Nashville Toons. Our team will transport your guests to and from our downtown Nashville business headquarters to our party boat for a relaxing and carefree afternoon on the lake. In addition to a dedicated host/hostess to ensure the safety of guests and an experienced captain to navigate around the lake, our pontoons were meticulously designed to maximize guests’ experience and convenience, so amenities include built-in coolers, wood bars, fresh ice, a state of the art sound system, water slides, floaties, a lily pad and a fully-stocked on-board private bathroom. This three-hour boat cruise is a perfect mini-getaway for ringing in your fifth decade with friends and family alike.
We’re With the Band: Live Up Your Fifties With Live Music
Live music in Nashville isn’t hard to find…duck into any bar or restaurant and you’ll stumble upon incredibly talented artists.
But if you’re looking to see some bigger acts, plan your 50th birthday celebration around seeing a concert or show. Below are a few of the most well-known venues in Nashville; check out their concert line-ups to see if there’s a band or musical act that’s touring during the big 5-0 celebration.
Ryman Auditorium: Known as the “Mother Church of Country Music,” the Ryman Auditorium is a historic venue that has hosted some of the biggest names in country music. It has a seating capacity of 2,362 and hosts concerts and events throughout the year.
Grand Ole Opry: The Grand Ole Opry is a weekly country music show that has been broadcasted live on the radio since 1925. It has a seating capacity of over 4,000 and is one of the most iconic music venues in Nashville.
Bridgestone Arena: This large arena has a seating capacity of over 20,000 and hosts major concerts and events throughout the year, including popular music acts.
The Bluebird Cafe: This intimate venue is known for its “in the round” performances, where songwriters sit in a circle and take turns performing their songs. It has a seating capacity of only 90 people, making it a unique and intimate experience for music fans.
Exit/In: This venue has been a staple of Nashville’s live music scene since the 1970s and has hosted a wide variety of music acts over the years, including rock, punk, and alternative bands.
Mercy Lounge: Located in the trendy Gulch neighborhood, Mercy Lounge is a popular music venue that hosts a variety of music acts, from indie rock to electronic music.
Marathon Music Works: This large music venue has a capacity of over 1,500 and hosts a wide range of music acts, from country to rock to electronic music.
The Basement East: This popular venue in East Nashville hosts a variety of music acts, from up-and-coming local bands to nationally recognized acts.
If you have some flexibility to plan your 50th birthday trip/party, below are some of Nashville (and the surrounding areas) biggest annual music festivals.
CMA Fest: Country Music Association (CMA) Fest is the largest country music festival in the world. It takes place in downtown Nashville in June every year, featuring performances from some of the biggest names in country music.
Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival: Bonnaroo is a four-day music festival that takes place in Manchester, Tennessee, about an hour south of Nashville. It typically happens in June and features a diverse lineup of musical acts, including rock, indie, hip-hop, and electronic music.
Tin Pan South Songwriters Festival: Tin Pan South is an annual songwriters festival that takes place in various venues throughout Nashville. It typically happens in April and features performances from some of the most talented songwriters in the country.
Music City Jazz Festival: Music City Jazz Festival is a two-day festival that takes place in June at Public Square Park in downtown Nashville. It features a lineup of world-renowned jazz musicians.
AmericanaFest: AmericanaFest is a music festival that celebrates American roots music, including country, folk, bluegrass, and blues. It typically happens in September and features performances from established and up-and-coming artists.